Honda New Vehicle Warranty*
The New Vehicle Warranty is designed to replace defective parts or materials and fix faulty workmanship. Whether something is repaired or replaced is decided by Honda NZ Ltd. Defects are repaired for free, including parts and labour, but normal wear and tear is not.
Any part of the vehicle repaired or replaced free under the warranty stays under warranty for the balance of the warranty period. Even if you sell the vehicle to someone else, the balance of the warranty applies.*
*The Distributor Warranty only applies if the vehicle is serviced by an Authorised Honda outlet from the first registered date, for the whole of the warranty period. The Servicing Schedule is at the back of the Warranty booklet.
The Warranty Booklet explains in detail what is, and is not, covered under the New Vehicle Warranty. It’s important to read and understand this when you buy your new Honda.
-- Battery Warranty Coverage
- 12V Car Battery: is only covered for three years from the first registered date. There is no Distributor Warranty extension.
- e:HEV Hybrid Battery: is covered for the full five years or 100,000 kilometres (whichever comes first) from the first registered date.
Operation of Warranty
Here’s what to do if your Honda has a problem or needs repairs while it’s under warranty:
- Contact the nearest Authorised Honda outlet as soon as you notice a defect and explain the issue as accurately as possible.
- Make a booking and, if it’s safe, drive your vehicle in. Otherwise, you’ll need to have it delivered to the authorised Honda outlet.
To retain the full Manufacturer and Distributor Warranty, you must:
- Have your vehicle serviced with an Authorised Honda outlet according to the Servicing Schedule at the back of the Warranty Booklet.
- Use only genuine Honda parts, oil & fluids.
- Carefully monitor and respond to your vehicle’s warning systems.
Please refer to the Warranty Booklet for detailed terms and conditions.